Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fail on my part and my new (top 10) favourite work out!

After my last post I ended up in the pub. It was always going to happen, I live above one haha .... I only had two pints and I was GONE. So embarrassing. I used to be able to drink 8/9 pints in a night!! I blame not having eaten tea before I went, and the fact i'd hardly drunk in the few weeks before. So yeah, I did nothing off my list. Not even taking out the rubbish, which would take the entire of 3 minutes. There's always another day though, right?!

So I worked all day yesterday, which was a craaazy day at work- I swear every customer was just trying to be awkward. For the next bit to make sense, you should probably know I work in a kilt shop. So, normally bridezillas are the bain of my existence. They want every little thing to exactly match their wedding, and nobody can possible hire outfits to exactly match every single shade! But that's a rant for another day, yesterday was the day of "angry communion mums". They had their outfits, and nearly everyone I served their outfits were fine! But their son's felt uncomfortable so they wanted us to do something about it .... These are 8/9 year old boys essentially wearing a skirt infront of their friends- what do you want me to do?!?! They were never going to like it, it's not my fault!!! I'm just glad nobody played the "you're english, what the f*$% do you know?!" card. I've had that before it sucked. However I had some really nice customers and everyone seemed happy (touch wood)  enough when they left, so success!! And i'm off for another day there today, which should be lovely, I like working weekends a lot :)

Now for the second part of the title. I went to my first ever ceilidh last night. I'd avoided it for a really long time - i've live in Scotland nearly 2 years now, and been invited to a fair few. And I would have avoided this too, except most the Volleyball team are international students and leaving forever over the course of the next week or so. Last night was everyone's favourite Canadians last night out in Glasgow. She wanted to go to her friend's ceilidh. I wanted to use my last chance to see her. So I went. IT WAS SUCH HARD WORK!!! You were jumping around and spinning for like 2 hours straight! Now as a night out, it was a tad too sweaty and repetitive for me, but in terms of a work out - it was so much fun!! Due to my lack of coordination there will be a fair few bruised shins and crushed toes (sorry guys) this morning. The banter was amazing though, and some of the international guys were just as bad as me at doing it. I have been converted. If you want a fun night jumping around, trying to dance then go to a ceilidh!! I'm kind of surprised they don't do ceilidh workouts at the gym to be honest, i'd go!! Oh, and a "wee" tip. I chatted to the barman all night. Then he started to pour me double Jack Daniels and cokes for the price of a single, because he said I was the only sane and slightly amusing person there. So yay, doubles and dancing - how could you say no to that?!

This next bit is relevant to nothing it just amused me. I got back into my building after being out, and a guy that lives downstairs (who has the most amazing arms- I mean he has aaaaarrrmms), was lying on the floor saying "they're all c_#{$". Now I know his flatmates, and I always help drunk friends, or friends of friends. So I tried to help him up. But my god i've never seen a guy so unsteady on his feet before!!! So what do you do?! Cause I was no way strong enough to lift him, or drag him through his door. So I temporarily stole his keys, and kind of pushed him through the door in a little bundle ....... then he realised he was in his flat, beamed with happiness, the STOOD UP and gave me a thank you hug. I spent a good 15 minutes pushing him through the door for him to the stand of his own accord!! Say what?!?!

And to make it have something to do with running, i'm planning a Plan of Action on getting the ball into motion for this half marathon training. I'm going to think today, and either decide tonight or tomorrow morning. And i'll let you know what I come up with haha ...

No comments:

Post a Comment